Rochdale BID want to keep you updated with the latest news, information and advice during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
NEW LOCKDOWN GRANTS
£4.6 billion announced to support businesses through new lockdown
The Chancellor has announced a one-off top up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses worth up to £9,000 per property to help businesses through to the Spring. This follows the Prime Minister’s announcement last night that these businesses will be closed until at least February half-term in order to help control the virus, and, together with the wide range of existing support, provides them with certainty through the Spring period.
The cash is provided on a per-property basis to support businesses through the latest restrictions, and is expected to benefit over 600,000 business properties, worth £4 billion in total across all nations of the UK.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak said:
"The new strain of the virus presents us all with a huge challenge - and whilst the vaccine is being rolled out, we have needed to tighten restrictions further.
"Throughout the pandemic we’ve taken swift action to protect lives and livelihoods and today we’re announcing a further cash injection to support businesses and jobs until the Spring.
"This will help businesses to get through the months ahead – and crucially it will help sustain jobs, so workers can be ready to return when they are able to reopen."
A further £594 million is also being made available for Local Authorities and the Devolved Administrations to support other businesses not eligible for the grants, that might be affected by the restrictions. Businesses should apply to their Local Authorities.
The one-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
Further information about the financial support available for businesses can be found here.
If you have any queries regarding the new lockdown grant, please contact Paul Ambrose - email@example.com
National Lockdown - Stay at Home
As you will be aware, last night the Prime Minister announced a national lockdown. Rochdale, along with the rest of the country, is now in national lockdown.
Coronavirus cases are rising rapidly across the country. Find out what you can and cannot do: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home
Businesses and venues which provide essential goods and services can stay open. The full list of these businesses can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England, but includes:
- essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
- market stalls selling essential retail may also stay open
- businesses providing repair services may also stay open, where they primarily offer repair services
- banks, building societies, post offices, short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
- mobility and disability support shops
Businesses which must close include:
- non-essential retail, such as clothing and homeware stores, vehicle showrooms (other than for rental), betting shops, tailors, tobacco and vape shops, electronic goods and mobile phone shops, auction houses (except for auctions of livestock or agricultural equipment) and market stalls selling non-essential goods. These venues can continue to be able to operate click-and-collect (where goods are pre-ordered and collected off the premises) and delivery services.
- hospitality venues such as cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and social clubs; with the exception of providing food and non-alcoholic drinks for takeaway (until 11pm), click-and-collect and drive-through. All food and drink (including alcohol) can continue to be provided by delivery.
A summary of the national restrictions are set out below:
If the BID Team can support your business in any way, please get in touch with Paul Ambrose (BID Manager) - firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19: what you need to do
Support for businesses and employers during coronavirus (COVID-19)
05 Jan 2021